Options on Living i...

Options on Living in Taipei  

Page 1 / 2

JTlive
(@jtlive)
Eminent Member
Hello everyone,

I am on my way to Taipei to work as an English teacher. I have two options with regards to location thus far. Zhongshan or Da'an. My work place is near Taipei 101.

Has anyone here lived in either of these places before before? Are they nice suburbs to live in? 

JT

10 Replies
jennywu
(@jennywu)

Hi JT

Both Zhongshan and Da'an are considered "upperclass" suburbs of Taipei and have lots of restaurants, bars, cafes, etc. They're also both very expensive.

Since you are a foreigner though it's probably ok for you, but just know that you can probably half your rent if you moved a little bit out of town.

If you don't mind me asking, is this your first time to Taiwan?

Thanks

Jenny 🙂

JTlive
(@jtlive)
Eminent Member

Hey Jenny, 

Yes this is my first time. I travelled other parts of Asia but haven't been to Taiwan. I plan on staying at least a year as I have a one year contract, but if I like it I'll stay indefinitely.

Is one of Zhongshan and Da'an better for commuting to work near Taipei 101 each day?

JT

jennywu
(@jennywu)

Oh, that's great. Welcome to Taiwan 🙂

Actually, both Zhongshan and Da'an are pretty similar distances to Taipei 101. The best/easiest way to get there is by MRT. 

Da'an would technically have a shorter journey since it's a direct route. If you want to have a look at the MRT map, you can see it here:

https://www.travel.taipei/en/information/mrt

jennywu
(@jennywu)

Taipei Metro map attached

Page 1 / 2
Share:
by TaiwanMe.com | info@taiwanme.com

Working

Please Login or Register