How to go to Jiufen from Taipei  

JTlive
(@jtlive)
Eminent Member

I want to make a day trip to Jiufen and also visit Shifen Old Street in the same day for the Chinese lanterns. I will take the Taipei MRT to the main station. Can someone please explain how I go from the Taipei main station to jiufen? And also how to get from Jiufen to Shifen Old Street?

I plan to go there when the weather isn't so cold (I didn't know Taiwan's weather was so cold!). If people could also recommend things to do in Jiufen that would be good too.

Thank you in advance.

JT

2 Replies
jennywu
(@jennywu)

Hey JT,

To get to Jiufen from Taipei Main Station you can either catch the Bus or the Train, depending how you want to get there

Bus - You will need to get to the MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Station. To do this you can take the Blue Line from Taipei Main or the Fuxing Shuttle Bus. Then from Zhongxiao Fuxing Station catch the Keelung 1062 Bus <- remember 1062.

Here's some more info on the Bus 1062 https://transit.navitime.com/en/tw/line/00004111

Train - Take the train straight from Taipei Main to Ruifang Station. From there you catch the 788 Bus directly to Jiufen. It is pretty easy to find and there will surely be lots of other people going to the same place. 

Jiufen to Shifen - Shifen is nearby in the Pingxi Distrct, about an hour away. To get there you can catch the same 788 Bus, or the 825 & 965 buses.

In terms of things to do in Jiufen, walk through Jiufen Old Street market, eat the street food, walk up Keelung mountain... there's lots of things to do.

Enjoy 😀

JTlive
(@jtlive)
Eminent Member

Worked perfect

Share:
by TaiwanMe.com | info@taiwanme.com

Working

Please Login or Register